Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wisdom on the Wall



On the wall of my office, above my desk is a quote, "Every child is a story yet to be told." Surrounding this quote are pictures of children both in my current ministry as well as my prior ministries. I love having this reminder always in front of me as I work. Though it is not a quote from scripture, I still believe that it holds a great truth. Children have amazing potential and a long future ahead of them. They are impressionable and everything that goes on around them forms them into the adults they will one day become. This reminds me that I have a huge responsibility to make the right impressions on the lives of the kids in my ministry.Every interaction and conversation we have with a child is another mark on the blank slate of their life. My hope is that the end picture will be that of Jesus, and so I must do my best to mark carefully. I want to do my part to teach them about the love of God, to depend on Him to get them through the paths of life. Who knows what God has in store for each of these children. He may lead them through a path in life that is particularly hard to handle, he may call them to do something that is not necessarily popular or easy, He may even bring tragedy their way. God may also bless them beyond measure, give them wealth or fame. But in any circumstance, I want these kids to know that the center of their story, no matter what it includes, should always be God.

As I sit here looking at the faces of each of these children that hold a special place in my heart, I wonder what God has in store for their future. What story will each of them tell with their life? Has my story inspired them to seek after God? Has my influence been a positive on in their life? There is so much potential wrapped up in each of those faces. Stories that have already begun but are not yet finished. I pray that the Lord will use me to make a positive mark on the unfinished stories that each of these children hold.

Blessed to be Growing at The Grove!
Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment