Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Fathers Day

I know I am a day early but I wanted to make sure that I got this posted before the craziness that is Sunday in Children's Ministry.

Fathers Day is a very special day to me because I have a very special dad. I don't know if there are many girls out there who can say that their dad is truly one of their closest friends, but I would honestly have to say that my dad is one of mine. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I am an only child and so therefore it has always just been the three of us. But the great thing is that even at 28 years old that has not changed. As I have grown and matured, there have been changes to our relationship but my dad still remains to be a constant source of support, encouragement, honesty, care,  and friendship.
I love spending time with my dad because he and I have the same sense of humor, in fact a lot of people would tell you that we are just alike in a lot of ways. We laugh and joke with each other, and inevitably egg each other on. But I can also talk to my dad about anything. He always listens and asks the important questions, and shares his opinion with me. My dad has always led our family to be in church, to serve with a glad heart, and to be active within the body. He has shown me that strength comes with kindness. He has taught me to honor God by working hard, and to show Christ in all that you do. And most of all he has shown me that love knows no end.
I am so blessed to have the Dad that I have, and I thank God for him all the time.

Gratefully growing at The Grove!
Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment