Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Another VBS Over

This past Thursday evening we finished our Vacation Bible School. I will fully admit that I was very nervous going into it because it was my first one at this church. There was a lot of learning that went on both on my side and the side of the volunteers.  But it went really well. In fact there were a couple of times that  I had that eerie oh no feeling, you know the one you get when you leave home for a trip and just know you forgot something, but it all turned out to be ok. 

At the end of the week we ended up with just over 100 kids in attendance at VBS. That may seem like a lot  to some, and to others just a drop in the bucket. I am very pleased with the number of kids we had in attendance. We had a faithful group of kids that came every night. We had some times of great discussion in our zoo crews and I believe that some friendship were made. We had such an awesome group of leaders that were truly there for the kids, and it showed in everything they did. I am so thankful and blessed to have each of them on my team.

On Wednesday night we shared the plan of salvation with the elementary children in a brief meeting prior to their normal evening rotations. The children were very attentive in their listening, and I know that there were seeds planted within them. As it stands right now no salvation decisions were made. But I believe in the promise that God's word will not return void. I know that the Holy Spirit will keep working in them until they day they make their choice.

Though VBS can be a bit tiring after going full speed day after day, I must say that now that it is over, I kind a miss it. I miss seeing the kids every day, singing and playing with them.I miss the fellowship with the workers that occurred. But it guess it is all of those things that makes VBS special. The stepping away from the normal to spend more time focusing on God in a fun and exciting way.


Thankful to be Growing at the Grove!

Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment