Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Kids Camp

This time last week we were hauling our first load of supplies out to Rainbow Christian Camp in Converse, to our camp site for the next few days. Coming right off the end of a week long missions trip, I was a bit tired but more than that I was excited for the days ahead. I love camp! I love the opportunities that come from camp. We have the opportunity to build relationships with the kids present and to disciple them. I once heard that change comes through relationships. That is something that I try to pass on to the leaders at camp so that through the relationships they build with the kids, real life change will happen.

We had an awesome week with about 75 kids and 25 adults in attendance. Brad Merchant taught the kids on Psalm 23. Each child heard how God is their shepherd, always with them providing for their needs, protecting them, and even saving them and offering them eternal life.

I know that only a week has passed and probably just now are we all caught up on the lost sleep, but I am ready to do it all over again!

















No comments:

Post a Comment