Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Happy Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day

I love looking up creative or silly holidays and filling up my calendar with them. It makes the weeks more interesting, and sometimes it even coincides with an event I can do with the kids in my ministry. Since we do not have a Wednesday midweek service, I guess I will have to pass on celebrating this particular holiday with all of my kiddos.

Those of you who know me, know that I enjoy doing crazy, silly things with the kids not only because, lets face it, I am a big kid myself, but also because all too often we get caught up in the programming and lessons, and forget to take the time to just have fun with our kids. Now don't get me wrong, I think that Bible lessons are the most important thing we do at church each week, but I also know that it is through the fun and even silly times that memories are made and relationships are built.

So if I were to celebrate Creative Ice Cream Flavors day, it would probably go a little something like this. I would get a bunch of vanilla ice-cream for the kids, because that is the best base for building flavors, and then lay out a whole bunch of toppings and syrups. After each kid builds their very own flavor filled concoction. We will then talk about why they chose the flavors they did. And why different is good. And the truth is different is good, because God made us all different. There may be things about us that are similar, just like there are toppings that were used that are similar but no one person, or ice-cream is exactly the same. We have an awesome, creative creator who made us all different and we can celebrate that.  And we can celebrate that he made us all creative too, even if it only extends to ice cream flavor creating.

Creatively Growing at The Grove!
Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment