Wednesday, April 15, 2015

No Place Like Home

I was blessed to be able to return home to Memphis for a few days to recharge my batteries and be encouraged by loved ones before I head into the craziness that is summer in Children's Ministry. It has been so great to spend time with people that I love and who love me and to catch up on what has been going on in their lives since I last talked to them. 

Being back here has reminded me that all of us, as Christians, are spending our days away from our permanent home. Each of us has a home in Heaven that is waiting for us. There we will find loved ones and friends who have gone before us. We will get the privilege of catching up with them, hearing what life has been like since we parted. I know I can't wait to see so many people that I have known and loved that have been experiencing the joy of Heaven without me. But I know that someday I will get to join them. 

Mercy Me released a song back in 2004 called Homesick. In this song they are talking about how they have lost loved ones and people close to them and how it makes them long for Heave even more. The line that stands out to me the most is in the chorus which says, 
                                   "If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place. 
                                    Lord, won't you grant me strength to make it through somehow. 
                                    I've never been more homesick than now." 

We all have experienced a longing to see those we love once again. And most of us have probably even yearned for a location because of the memories or excitement it held. And that is what Heaven is like for us as Christians. We are looking toward a place that is perfect beyond our imaginations. In Heaven there will be no more sadness, no more pain, no more death. We will have the opportunity to spend eternity worshipping at the feet of Jesus along side those whom we love. If that doesn't make you long for Heaven I don't know what will. 

Though I may be homesick for my family and friends in Memphis from time to time, my heart's true longing is for my eternal home, one that is indescribable, and unimaginable. Its true what they say, there really is no place like home!

Gracefully Growing at The Grove!
Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment