Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Getting Caught Up in it All

I have just passed the two month mark in my time here at Liberty. I can honestly say that it has been a busy and hectic two months. Though I grew up in this church, after being gone for almost 6 years I am finding that there are a lot of things going on in the children's ministry that I am not clued in on, so I have been spending some of my time just finding out what is going on in the ministry. I also have VBS rapidly approaching, followed by our midweek summer series, and kids camp. And to add to the growing list of things to accomplish I am also in the process of increasing our ministry security and re-branding the ministry. As individual tasks these are all things I am excited about, but as a whole they can be quite a source of chaos and stress.

Last night I was invited to, and attended, the spring program for 6 of the kids in my ministry. They hadn't been told that I was coming and so my presence was a surprise to them. And when the program was over and they saw I was there I received big hugs from very excited children. And in that moment I was reminded why I do all of the many ministry things that I do. For each of these kids that God has placed within my ministry. I am still working to get to know all of them, and build relationships with them, but slowly I am making progress. My job is not just about the programming, the classes, the email to parents, and the hours spent in my office or in meetings. My job is about helping each of these precious children come to know Christ, to learn how God wants them to live, and encourage and equip them for the future they will face. I am here for them, and without them my job is pointless.

All too often it is easy to get caught up in it all. The deadlines, the projects due, the meetings to attend, and everything else. But I am glad that God keeps reminding me that its not about me and what I am doing, but about Him and what he is doing through me to help the children he has given me.

Graciously growing at The Grove!

Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment