Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hello...

As a young adult in a church leadership position, I try to find different sources of wisdom and learning to help myself and my ministry grow. I have been an avid blog reader, and I have found myself rejoicing with these leaders when they have victories within their ministries, and learning from their mistakes as well.
Lately I have been considering my own ministry and I have realized that God has led me into quite a few situations and has taught me quite a bit in my time of ministry. I have had the awesome opportunity to serve at two churches previously that have been very different. In the last few months God has brought me back to the church that I grew up in, but now in a leadership position. I am now the Children's Director in the church I began serving within the children's ministry.
As with any ministry that has new leadership we are in a place of transition. For the past at least 10 years our ministry has been called Liberty All-Stars. When the branding for this ministry began it had more of a sports type feeling to it, but in recent years, that theme and meaning has kind of gotten lost. And since we were in a time of transition I felt it would be a good time to embrace a new name and theme for our ministry. After prayer and thought we came up with the idea for The Grove.  The Grove is a place for our kids to belong, a place for them to be rooted in God's word, grow strong in their faith, and show the fruit of that relationship with Christ. I hope to go more into what our rebranding will look like and even what the finished product is in a future post.
I do not know if anything I have to say or share can be used to help someone, whether it be learning from my mistakes or just being encouraged from my words. But I am willing to share my story and allow others to grow along side me at The Grove.

Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment