Sunday, April 27, 2014

Going Home Again

Someone famous once said "you can’t go home again.” However I have found myself in that exact position. Less than 6 months ago God began to call me to come back to the church that I spent many of my formative years in. After spending close to 6 years at least 8 hours away, God pulled me back. I will be the first to admit that when this all began I was sure that this was not God’s will and that I would not actually be going anywhere, but after much prayer I came to the understanding that I was wrong and that God was in fact bringing me back home. 

I have been back in Indiana,and at Liberty for almost a month now, and I can say that I am beginning to get my bearings back and I feel like my feet are firmly beneath me again. But it has not been the smoothest of transitions and I know that there is still a lot ahead of me.

I am have come to the realization that when this famous person said that you cannot go home again, he was not actually talking about the physicality of going home. Instead I believe he was referring to the fact that things are always changing. You see I returned to the church that I spent almost 12 years at growing up,and though it is still at the same location, it is not the same church I left behind. There are new members, new men on staff, and even some renovations have happened. I did not return to a place that just picked up where I left off, instead it has been going on with out me and I am jumping in to the place where they now are. But in the same regard, I am not the same little girl that left those 6 years ago to conquer the world beyond Grant County. I have grown, developed, matured, and learned in my time away. And just as this is not the same home I left behind, I am not the same child that left home. So you see, this man was right, we can’t go home again because that home, that moment in time, is gone. And that person that left is gone as well. We may both be familiar, but that is all it can be. 

It has been an interesting time of transition for me. But I am trusting God and His will for me and this ministry He has placed me in.  I look forward to growing more in The Grove!

Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment