Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Value of Prayer

A lot of times you hear stories of how people were blessed by someone praying for them, and how they felt those prayers in a time they needed it most. And I too can share stories of how I have had those times myself. But lately God has been reminding me of the joy and blessing that comes from praying for someone. 

I have a notebook in which I keep a list of people that I pray for daily, and on subsequent pages I list out specific prayer needs that come up. Each day I pray through these pages and I love this time spent talking to the God of the universe about the little and big things going on in our lives. 

Recently I have begun the prayer campaign with the church and I have found myself looking forward to that portion of my prayer time. In fact there have been times when I read the page for that day first and then after praying the scripture over my teens I went back and prayed it for my entire list as well. I know that I have no power in my prayers. They are just words issuing from my mouth. But my God has more power than is imaginable and he has promised that his word will not return void. He has promised that when we call out to him he will answer. And I am banking on those promises as I pray. 

Prayer is a blessing for both sides, the ones praying and the ones being prayed for. I hope that every Christian gets to experience this blessing from both sides in a real way.

Gratefully Growing at The Grove

Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment