Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Full Circle

Last week, I met with a college student to discuss the possibility of her joining us this summer to complete her practicum hours. As I was preparing for the meeting I was reminded of my own time spent right here at Liberty doing my own hours, and learning so much more about ministry than what was being taught in the classroom. I am not saying I didn't learn a lot in the classroom, or even that it was sub par. But there is nothing like learning ministry first hand from someone in the trenches. It was through my time spent physically doing ministry instead of studying ministry that I began to come into my own as a leader and a teacher. I was blessed to have Ryan as my Children's Pastor, he wanted me to experience all there was to experience in my time working for him. He knew that there were alot of diverse things that you encounter in this ministry and he wanted me to experience all that I could while under his supervision.

Now as I am the Children's Director and I face having a college student come work under me, I see that this experience has come full circle. Now I am thinking of ways that I can teach this student about ministry, give her experiences that will enrich her learning, and build upon what she has been taught in the classroom. Just as I had a great leader to work under, I want to be that type of leader now.

I believe that God give us these full circle times for 2 reasons. First to allow us to repay or pay forward what was done for us. There was no way that I could repay Ryan for all of the time he spent training me or for the things he allowed me to experience. However I can use the knowledge I was given and pass it on to someone else in the same way.  The second reason I believe God allows us these full circle times is to show us how far we have come. This should not be a time to give glory to ourselves, but to remind us of the path that God has led us on, to show us how we have been brought from one place to another and grown in the process. 

I am so thankful to be in a place of a full circle. I hope that God continues to give me times like these where I can reflect on where I have come from and pass on some of the lessons I have learned along the way.

Thankfully Growing at The Grove!
Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment