Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I Need to Do What?! Trunk or Treat Edition

A while back I posted about things I do as a day to day children's minister that I just was not prepared for in my college classes. It is definitely one of those defining moments between theory and practice. Well as I have been preparing for our Trunk or Treat this year I have been reminded of more things that I honestly never thought I would have to know or consider. So here is my list for you. I hope you enjoy!

1. What is the condiment to hot dog ratio when buying in bulk?
2. How to get 50,000 pieces of candy for under $1500.00
3. The nacho chip to cheese ratio.
4. At what rate do you distribute candy to be able to stretch over a 3 hour time period?
5. How long will it take to pop 100 lb of popcorn?
6. How to estimate the growth of an event based on the weather patterns over the last few years and the forecast for this year.
7. Would this type of candy hurt if being hurled through the air from a candy cannon?
8. What songs should be chosen for a Trunk or Treat playlist?
9. How to properly block off a hallway so that there is no one wandering through the church building.
10. How to plan for anchoring a bounce item without drilling holes in the concrete.

I know this was a bit of a shorter post today, and for that I am sorry, but as you can tell I am deep in the midst of Trunk or Treat prep. If you are in the Grant County area on October 25th, come join us from 3-6 for our annual Trunk or Treat at Liberty Baptist! We would love to see you there.

Comment below and let me know about some of the things you have encountered that have caught you off guard.

Gratefully Growing at The Grove!

Miss Megan

1 comment:

  1. Great post Megan! Can't wait for trunk or treat!!! You're an amazing childrens pastor!

    ReplyDelete